Quartz countertops may not be as well-known as granite, but they deserve to have a spotlight because they offer many wonderful benefits. The main difference between granite and quartz countertops is that granite is 100% natural and quartz is manufactured with about 95% natural stone and 5% polymer resin. Just because quartz is manufactured doesn’t mean it doesn’t come with excellent benefits and advantages. Five reasons to consider quartz countertops are:
1. Colors – Quartz countertops can be found in just about any color. It is very easy to find quartz countertops to match your style and décor.
2. Uniform Appearance – Because quartz countertops are manufactured, they can be made to have the exact same appearance. So, there are no worries when your kitchen needs more than one slab of stone because they will all have a uniform appearance.
3. Maintenance – There is no routine maintenance for quartz countertops other than wiping them off when they get dirty. You won’t need to reseal them like granite.
4. Durable – Quartz is extremely durable and is very unlikely to crack, chip, or scratch. It is actually more durable than granite.
5. Price – With the amazing benefits listed above you would think that quartz would be much more expensive than its similar counterpart, granite. Quartz countertops are actually priced very competitively with granite, making them a great choice for many homes.
If you are interested in learning more about quartz or any other type of countertop, then stop by or give us a call at The Granite Guy in Worthington, Ohio.